Hydrocyclone pumps is use to pumping abrasive solid such as sand always leads to damages to the pumping unit.The output of the cyclone pump with respect to driving system is rather low (20%-30%).
Consequently application is only recommended for cases in which energy cost are not significant, for instance when the pump is a small part of a large system.Cyclone pumps applied to the continuous pumping of sand-water mixtures for sand flume and river scale models with movable bed.Cyclone pumps is able to separate solids from the flow, are treated qualitatively.
1) In oil industry separate oil from water or vice versa.
2) In metal working to separate metal particles from cooling liquid.
3) To remove sand and silt particles from irrigation water for drip irrigation purpose.
4) In drilling industry to separate sand from the expensive clay that is used for lubrication during the drilling.
5) In pulp and paper mills to remove sand,staples, plastic particles and other contaminants.